February, the toughest month of the year…
Mid Febuary, The Holidays are a distance memory, Spring is a distance future. The weather is awful,and stress is mounting from students, teachers & administration. Testing and data is being thrown in teachers faces and they in turn are turning to students for more production. Students don’t see the relevance and disipline erupts. Add a layer of bullying and we have the perfect febuary storm. Solutions?
1. De-Stress, students,teachers, and admins. Take time out for yourself to re-group, re-focus, and finish the mission (high student achievement)
2. Plan for disipline, we know who and what the triggers are. Disipline problems are predictable at this time of the year. Plan more hands-on , relevant activites for your students.
3. Recognize when they had enough, incorporate some fun learning activites throughout the day, especially on Mondays and Fridays.
4. Keep communication open with parents and administration, let them know how students are doing academically and socially.
5. Investigate & report all incidents of Bullying. The Bully Box, http://moultrieobserver.com/local/x563628969/Bully-box
6. Feel free to use this form for reporting bullying. https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid...
7. Let admins know if you cannot handle it yourself, & document it.
8. If your feeling too stressed, let your principal know and take a mental health day. You and your students will be better in the long run.